Wednesday, June 27, 2007

fire! fire! fire!


Bring out the buckets! Today we had a fire break out across the street from my work. It was crazy. It started out a ways down the road then quickly moved directly in front of me. I have never been so close to an out of control fire. It scared me a bit. My co-workers and I got a little distracted by the whole thing. We were waiting to be evacuated (or at least I was). But it stopped at the construction right before it got to the road (and my car), who knew we'd be grateful for construction? It looks like it's mostly taken care of now. Hooray for firefighters!

2 comments:

Kati said...

This is Stephs neighbor. That is so scary. I would have left at the first sight of flames. What an exciting day!!!

Stephanie said...

That is way crazy! It will be cool to say that you experienced that. If it is on the news you can say you were there!