Friday, March 30, 2012

Pinspiration

 Just a little while ago I found out that my cousin Dauny is getting married. She is such a self-less person and I couldn't be happier for her! She does so much for everyone in the family, she even flew from Cali for our wedding and stayed til 1:00 in the morning helping clean up. She's a gem! I wanted something different and fun for her, and then I remembered this idea I pinned awhile back (I plan on doing it for Nick and I one of these days). It's a Date Night Jar ~There are three options; pricey and needs planning, less expensive and spontaneous, and lastly stay at home. I thought this would be a perfect shower gift. So I ran to Michael's and got everything I needed (except a jar, which ended up being a pain to find the right size). I also added several more dates than the original jar. There are less of the expensive ones and much more of the stay at home ones. I also did a bunch of blank ones so they can add some of their favorite activities that I may have missed and they can get rid of any that don't tickle their fancy. I have to admit I really like how it turned out. I'm giving it to her tonight at her shower along with some movies, phase ten and some popcorn bowls. I really hope she like it and that her and her sweetheart can enjoy it. Nick was going through it last night, I think he wants one too. So I'll probably end up making one for us soon.


P.S. Sunday is our 2 year anniversary! Can you believe it?! I am extremely excited. It's going to be low key. I think we're going to spread it out through the weekend as some of the things we wanted to do we can't as it's conference (like going to the temple and dinner downtown). I think spreading it out will be more enjoyable not to mention not as tiring on me as doing everything day of. In fact we have nothing planned on our actual anniversary except for watching conference. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Such a fun idea. I think I want one too. Oh, and Happy anniversary!